-A window ajar is a prelude in building to the joy of being limitless! That uneasiness of being familiar somehow, sometime, somewhere.......

Monday, March 28, 2005

Bank holiday thoughts...

Was introduced to M yesterday, heavy built, thick accent, sharp eyes. Had learnt before he was an India fanatic.During the conversation realised he wasnt one of those who loves India for chicken tikka and aloo. The chap is insatiable: has visited 18 times and is still raring. No, not the types who travels palace-on-wheels, watches couple of elephants roaming here and there and learns something about pranayama and goes home happily declaring he had been to India and it was wonderful.He has seen more than Ive seen myself.
When I asked him What about india he liked ?, he kept his eyes on his wine-glass and after a brief silence hidng his choked voice blurted awesome awesome.I was reminded of the boy mentioned
Here.
Yes, Ink bottles have been spilled on that, so I'll limit to just a phrase, its the pristine ecstatic freedom, unconquerable....
Now patriotism is the refuge of a scoundrel, and my ego boundaries are too blurred to identify itself with the borders of a nation so Ill leave with what they usually say- Go and Discover India, after all one billion people cant be wrong.
I can only add, you shall not go uneducated.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time on your blog. This is the first piece I read. And its the exact after-thought of a conversation I had with somebody over dinner less than an hour back. Just when life is at a crossroad and I'm considering going back and discovering all what a billion people are upto.

Somethings are just meant to be :)

Anonymous said...

IndiA that ends with a capital A for Awesome :)

Pincushion said...

as always, it brings back the eternal dilemma and the question..what the *&^% am I doin in this country..when I ought to be HOME..

. : A : . said...

As the lonely planet puts it, "India will sideswipe you with its size, clamour and diversity - but if you enjoy delving into convoluted cosmologies and thrive on sensual overload, then it is one of the most intricate and rewarding dramas unfolding on earth, and you'll quickly develop an abiding passion for it."

:-)

Vijayalaxmi Hegde said...

18 times!!! I want to sit in a corner and cry now. I havent seen the whole of India even once. But then is there any 'whole of India'?

Ubermensch said...

Anon
thanks for dropping by and sharing ur thoughts...goodluck as you said somethings are meant to be.

Kishore,
wicked:)

pincushion,
home is here and now...:)

:A:
That says it all isnt it?

vij,
true,
what corner do u want...?:) many in india..:)

ammani said...

Well written. Thanks for coming by. Have added a new recipe.
Cheers

small squirrel said...

ooooooch.... OCH! damnit.
you know my plans to go are always thwarted. and it pains me. india. grew up with the cultures, the people, the foods, the languages, the stories... (banging head on table)... still cannot seem to get my ass there. but all of february 2006, that will be my month of reckoning.

thanks for the reminder... like I needed one... it's the constant gentle hum in my head....

. : A : . said...

Yes, in a way it does. But there is so much more too ...

:-)

Ubermensch said...

ammani
thank u

:a:
indeed

squirrel
spare the table and take heart:)
im sure ull have agood time there

Anonymous said...

wow!

Search Blog

Labels